Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Birthday

I turned 29 on January 9th.  It’s so hard to believe that I will be the big 30 next year and it was even more hard to believe that I celebrated my last birthday very pregnant!!  I had a wonderful day with my sweet girls, James and my sister, Erika.  We went to church followed by lunch out with James and the girls.  We even got dessert which Marlie was pretty excited about!!  Marlie really wanted me to have a pink cake but she didn’t think daddy could make one and she didn’t know how to make one.  Erika saved the day and came over after naps to help Marlie bake me a pink cake!  She was so excited and proud and it was so good. 

IMG_7603    IMG_7604

Marlie had fun blowing out the candle and even held Lyla’s hand so she would not get burned.  What a good big sister.  The night ended with the girls being silly and yelling into megaphones.

We woke up the next morning to more beautiful snow!  James couldn’t make it to work because our road gets so icy.  People end up in ditches or park their cars at the top of the hill and then walk home.  I can’t remember if it was this snow storm or another one this year that had 50 cars parked on the road.  No one could leave or enter because they literally could not get through the road.  We had a lot of fun playing in the snow this day.  It wasn’t very cold or windy so Marlie could stay out a little longer then usual.  Poor Lyla just wanted to go to sleep.  I guess she was so warm and comfy all bundled up.

snow 2

We are definitely hoping for some more snow before winter is over!!!  We love it and don’t see it near enough.

No comments: