I have a list of a million things I want to make. Mostly, ideas I’ve found on Pinterest.com Those of you that haven’t been on there you need to be. So many great ideas! Anyhow, I had bought a ton of horse fabric at a yard sale in July. Marlie has been wanting a dress or skirt out of it. I finally decided to tackle that sewing project on Friday. I gave her several style choices and she chose a fabric tutu. I found some cute pictures of them but no actual tutorials that I liked. I sewed the elastic waistband, cut strips of fabric, sewed them on, and made a fabric flower. I don’t love the finished product but Marlie does and that’s all the matters. I’m hoping to figure out a better way to make them. The concept is very cute. Here are some pictures of the finished product:
I still have a ton of the horse fabric left so I will be trying another style of skirt at some point soon. I’m trying to talk James into donating one of his plaid shirts to me to make the skirt with. I think the horse print and a darker plaid would be adorable! We will see.
I’ve been wanting a Steelers wreath for years and again was inspired by many ideas on Pinterest. Saturday I made a yarn wreath. I used a foam tubing from home depot to make the wreath shape and then covered it in yarn. I used felt to make the football and flowers. All of these tips came from Pinterest and not from myself. I wish I had positioned the football a little higher so it didn’t get covered as much but I think people still get the idea of it. Looks great against our black door!
My last project this weekend was made today. Marlie starts dance class on Tuesday. She has had a countdown going and is so excited. We have been reading ballerina books all week. We bought a ballerina skirt at a consignment sale last weekend and bought her leotard, tights, and ballet shoes online this week. As soon as they came in the mail she immediately put them all on to practice. She then told me that she needed a dance bag because Angelina Ballerina took one to class everyday. I really wanted to make her a bag with a tutu around it! I looked on ETSY and Pinterest for ideas and went from there. Here’s my first shot at a tutu bag. I think it turned out really well and am considering adding them to my ETSY shop.
I had a very fun crafting weekend! My housework and laundry were actually caught up by Friday so I was able to spend time doing other things. Hoping I can keep up with it and have some more craft time. What are some projects you have done lately?
2 comments:
Sarah, you are so creative! And, your girls are adorable....and getting so big!
love craft time. wish i could find more time for it too. love the little projects you did. they turned out great. ====amanda
Post a Comment