Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tutus

Many of you know that I’m starting an ETSY shop to sell the tutus I’ve been making.  I am still working on the business side of getting the shop up an running.  I am working on things like:  return policy, shipping cost, best way to ship the tutus, cost of the tutus, etc.  If you have any suggestions/ideas I welcome the advice.

We had a wonderful photo shoot on Good Friday.  My dear friend, Shashray, so graciously allowed her adorable daughter, Legacy, to be one of my models.  A close friends of Shashray’s took the photos for us at my in-laws house.  After I narrowed down the 200 pictures I spent several hours editing the pictures to enhance the tutus.  To prepare for the photo shoot I made 12 tutus (four for each of the girls to model).  I also had to buy shirts and hair bows, etc to compliment each tutu.  The entire week and a half leading up to the shoot I did nothing but make tutus.  Needless to say, I am still catching up on the laundry and house cleaning!  I think the shoot was a huge success and I cannot wait to get my shop up and running.  Thanks, Shashray, Christie, and Legacy.

I needed an infant to model my tutus too.  My friend, Katie, is a great photographer and just happens to have an adorable 6 month old daughter, Millie Kate.  I made two tutus for her to have in exchange for her doing a mini photo shoot with Millie Kate (they live in Atlanta).  She did a great job capturing the tutus.  Thanks, Katie!

My best friend, Elisabeth, lives in Oregon.  She has been so much encouragement during this process and as already helped me in so many way.  She created my shop name and then designed the store banner, icon (profile picture), and my business cards.  I know I’ll be using her for more help along the way too!!  Thanks so much, Elisabeth!!!

I will post the link to my shop as soon as I launch it.  I hope I have found something very successful.  It’s so much fun to make these adorable tutus!

Picnik collage(1)

Picnik collage(3)

Picnik collage(2)

Picnik collage(4)

More tutu pictures:  https://picasaweb.google.com/penelopepinky/Tutus#

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for the shout out Sarah :) I'm so excited for you in this new business venture - I think it's an excellent outlet for you to showcase your creativity, your amazing photography/editing skills, and your gorgeous girls!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Thanks for using Legacy...we had so much fun! HOLY TUTUS!

The Price's said...

thanks, elisabeth!! glad to give you the credit for helping me out :)

shashray, glad to use legacy! you guys were so much fun. thanks so much again.