I took the girls to visit my family in PA for a few days. It was a very last minute trip. My dad had to do a truck show in Louisville, KY so I asked him to drive the extra 2 hours to Nashville to pick us up. I don’t think he knew what he was getting himself into when he quickly agreed!! It took us 15 hours to go 650 miles. Between stopping to nurse Lyla and stopping when Marlie had to use the bathroom it was a very long trip. We had the experience on the trip back 4 days later. Mom was with us this time too because they were coming down to celebrate Easter with us.
I am so glad we made the very long trip!! My grandparents were so happy to see us and meet little lyla. They are all in their 80’s and you never know when something could happen to them. I try to go their as often as I can. This was definitely a great trip!! Here are some pictures to show how meaningful it was to all of us.
Great Grandma & Grandpa Maust loved meeting Lyla.
Great Nanny & Pappy Thompson did too!
Marlie & Pappy are buddies.
Nanny with her first granddaughter and first great granddaughters.
Marlie in my ballerina outfit from when I was 7.
2 comments:
First off, I LOVE your new family picture and blog layout...super cute! Secondly, I'm glad you had such a nice trip to PA - it is such a blessing that the girls still have both sets of great grandparents around!!
thanks elisabeth! yes, the girls are so lucky to have 7 of 8 great grandparents still around. i only knew one of my great grandparents.
Post a Comment