I think it was always meant for my dad to have ALL girls! For those that don’t know he and my mom actually had 4 girls. On January 4, 1981 my mom gave birth to their first daughter, Rachel Ann. Unfortunately, little Rachel didn’t survive more than a few hours. I was born on January 9, 1982, Erika came along July 22, 1984 and Annie on April 19, 1989. Everyone always says, “poor Tim” with all those girls but I can guarantee he wouldn’t have it any other way!! We are all spoiled by him and very much daddy’s girls!!! We all took our turns of fishing with him, going to the archery range on Friday nights, and playing sports (not all of us were good at them!) We all know how to go tracking for deer to find those buck rubs, deer spotting at night, and Annie even got an 8 point her first time buck hunting!!
When we first found out that Marlie was a girl I remember telling my dad that he was going to have another girl in the family! It just wasn’t meant for him to have boys. His response was, “That’s great! I don’t even know if i would know what to do with a boy around.” And let me just say that Marlie LOVES her poppa! I’ve never seen her so excited to see anyone. Maybe it’s because he spoils her very much:) Then little Lyla came along and he now has 5 girls to spoil.
Looks like James is following down the same path! Marlie is very much a daddy’s girl. She is sad when he’s at work and greets him at the door every day when he gets home from work. She calls him her “buddy.” He reads to her every night before he tucks her into bed and I know she thinks that’s very special. She loves going to hockey games with daddy and even going to the grocery store with him! I know that Lyla is going to be a daddy’s girl too! She gives him the biggest smiles. Both girls smiled at their daddy first.
Even though we are very talkative and expensive I know that MY dad and MY GIRLS dad love us all very much. I truly am blessed to have such great men in my life!!
6 comments:
I've got to get a Kleenex ! (Jane)
What a sweet post! There is nothing more wonderful than having a sister! What a great pix of you & your sisters & daughters!
Your Mom shared this with me, as she does with all of your pictures! I just wanted to say you have a beautiful family and your Father is very lucky to have all 5 of you women/girls! My husband's family had 4 grandsons until Lexi came along. While the boys are great, Lexi definitely brings out the "sweeter" side of all of the boys!! Take care!
thanks everyone!
what a sweet post Sarah! girls are great and it sounds like both our sets of girls have great daddy's to love and spoil them everyday! what a blessing!
thanks, amanda!! we are both so blessed:)
Post a Comment