I went to the Vanderbilt Balance Clinic this morning to figure out my vertigo. I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BVVP). BPPV is one of the most common disorders that can cause vertigo. It is characterized by brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness associated with specific changes in the position of your head. It most commonly occurs when you move your head in a certain direction, lie down from an upright position, turn over in bed or sit up in the morning. Moving your head to look up or look down also can bring about symptoms and you may also feel out of balance when standing or walking.
So, they did an hour long test to see which inner ear is causing the problem. I had to wear goggles that videoed my eye movement. It was really weird but I got to see what my eyes do when i'm dizzy. They rolled around in circles........so scary looking!! After the testing we found it's my right ear (which I already knew because I can't move my head to the right at all without getting dizzy). They did a 7 minute treatment that made me very dizzy and nauseous. They said I could feel this way for up to 48 hours, aaahhh!! I am not supposed to do anything for 7 days to trigger the dizziness so that's going to be hard. Then on the 7th day I am to test out everything and see if i feel any better. If not, then I'm going back in for another treatment. Pray that this treament worked!!!!
My wonderful mother in-law stayed with Marlie all day today, got me groceries, and cooked our dinner. She is coming back tomorrow to help be out again. I don't know what we would do without her!!!
Thanks for everyone's prayers!!
1 comment:
2 seconds after texting you I saw that you posted this update...good timing! Anyway, I really hope this treatment works and I'm so happy that Pam is able to help you out like this, what a huge blessing. Anyway, we've all been praying for you and will continue to do so, love you!
Post a Comment